Note this is 5 week course taught over 7 Tuesdays. Sept 13, Sept. 20, No classes Sept 27 or Oct 4 due to other special events). Classes resume in October: Oct 11, Oct. 18, Oct. 25)
This engaging course will take you on an exciting wine adventure where you will discover and learn about the wines of British Columbia. Learn about the
- The wine regions of BC
- The different climatic influences
- The grape varietals grown
- The difference between the wine regions
- How to select BC wines from cellared in BC.
- How to pair the local wines with food
- The challenges for BC wine in the international wine scene
- The future for the BC wine industry.
Please bring your own personal charcuterie board so when we sample the wine you can notice the huge difference when you pair wine with food.
Water, crackers and bread for your own consumption highly recommended.
Dr. Clinton Lee has attained the Wine Spirit and Education Diploma and Certified International Educator from London, UK. and also the Certified Specialist of Wine, Certified Specialist of Spirits designation and the French Wine Scholar (USA). He is a Certified Sherry Educator awarded by the Consejo De Regulador (Spain) and is a wine judge with the Hong Kong International Wine Judge Association. He has been a lecturer at the University of Simon Fraser teaching and developing the wine program there for the last five years.