Besides the fun of sharing stories, there’s always something new to learn about writing.
In this 8 week session the challenges will be Exploring and Developing plot; Building tension *keeping your readers on the edge of their seats”’ writing dialogue (short play or skit scripts). We’ll also be trying out a couple of different poetry forms (haiku and tanka verse). There will be opportunities to write your stories as memoirs or fiction (your choice). Join us for eight fun sessions!
1. What I learned from my parents/guardians. What values were instilled in you as a child. If you started off the New Year with resolutions what were they?
2. Writing your dreams and using dreams in fiction
3. Poetry and small stones (we will try out some different poetry forms such as haiku and tanka verse)
4. Exploring and Developing plot (how to plot a fiction story)
5. Writing romantic scenes (for Valentines Day)
6. Building tension: scary stories true or fiction
7. Dialogue: writing a play script
8. My favorite travel adventure.
Each of these prompts can be used in the writing of memoirs, fiction or non fiction stories.
We will do a 10 minute time writing in each class and a chance to share your stories with the group for comments.
Note: If you don't have access to the Zoom application on a computer, tablet or smart phone, Zoom presentations are also available by dialing in using a landline or cellphone. On the day and time of the course, call 778-907-2071 (within Metro Vancouver) and enter the Meeting ID and Passcode that were given after registering for the course. If you live outside of metro Vancouver, please look up the local phone number for your location at https://zoom.us/u/akJIpJnoy (The calls are muted when you join the meeting, to unmute yourself, please press *6 (as per instructions on the phone).