Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Travel Series on Zoom Winter 2021 Topics
Monday, January 4, 2021, 10:30 AM until 12:00 PM
Registration is closed - Event is full
Travel Series on Zoom: January to April 2021. (See below for a complete list of topics and information about using Zoom.)
To register, click the "Register Now" button on the right-hand side of the screen. If you don’t see this button, it means you haven't not logged in as a member yet. You can log in by clicking "Member Login" at the top right side of the screen. If you’re having difficulties registering, you can call the office for assistance at 604-228-1461 during weekdays between 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Note: If you don't have access to the Zoom application on a computer, tablet or smart phone, Zoom presentations are also available by dialing in using a landline or cellphone. On the day and time of the course, call 778-907-2071 (within Metro Vancouver) and enter the Meeting ID and Passcode that were given after registering for the course. If you live outside of metro Vancouver, please look up the local phone number for your locationat https://zoom.us/u/akJIpJnoy (The calls are muted when you join the meeting, to unmute yourself, please press *6 (as per instructions on the phone).
Now more than ever, we have the urge to see the world and remember the time when we are able to see and visit other countries. Join John Smith, Rose Taylor and a team of photo enthusiasts as they share their travel stories through picturesque presentations from the comfort of your home.
- January 4th: "My Silk Road: Xian to Istanbul" with Sheila Page
- January 11th: “Cruise the Beautiful Douro River from Scenic Porto to the Vineyards of Regua, Ucanha and the Coa Valley, with a Visit to the Historic University City of Salamanca in Spainwith Mary-Ellen & Mike Flynn
- January 18th: “France by the Med: Collioure to Ventimiglia"with Doug Davidson
- January 25th: “The Birds of Madagascar"with Donna Hogge
- February 1st: “Darcy Gaechter, the First Woman to Kayak the Amazon River from Source to Sea; 4300 Miles over 5 Months"with Darcy Gaechter
- February 8th: "Danube River Cruise from Passua, Germany to Budapest, Hungary, with extra days in Munich, Salzburg and Budapest" with Graham Baldwin
- February 15th: Family Day - NO PRESENTATION
- February 22nd: “Iceland, Land of Fire, Ice, Light, Legends, and The Althing, the Oldest Parliament in the World"with Diane and David Reesor
- March 1st: “Hiking Palm Desert, USA"with Margaret and Murray Hendren
- March 8th: “The Czech Republic: Photographing the Romantic City of Prague along with the Town of Cesky Krumlov"with Rick Hulbert
- March 15th: “Walking in Wine Country, France and Spain. How to Do It Yourself"with Stuart Miles
- March 22nd: “DENMARK: Tivoli Gardens. Aarhus, including Old Town Outdoor Museum, Cathedral and Town"with Rose Taylor
- March 29th: “Archaeology, Nature and Culture of Israel and Western Jordan"with Peter Ballin