Please note that this is a projection of the Zoom concert and NOT an in-person performance.
Married Vancouver-based pianists Scott Meek and Clare Yuan are The Meeks Duo, an acclaimed four-hands piano duo whose aim is to make every performance a uniquely enjoyable experience. Already well-established performers in Canada, Scott and Clare recently made their Asian debut with concerts in Japan and Taiwan, including at the prestigious Taiwan National Concert Hall. During the first phase of the Covid-19 pandemic, they performed 22 weekly online concerts from their home from March to August 2020.
Their program will consist entirely of the following original arrangements by Scott in a variety of styles.
- Piano 4-hand Arrangements by Scott Meek
- Scott Meek and Clare Yuan, pianists
- Variations On Autumn Leaves (2020) Joseph Kosma (1905-1969) (Arr. Scott Meek)
- Send in the Clowns (2021, world premiere) Stephen Sondheim (1930- ) (arr. Scott Meek)
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (2021) Jerome Kern (1885-1945)/Igor Frolov (arr. Scott Meek)
- Overjoyed (2019) Stevie Wonder (1950- ) (arr. Scott Meek)
- Variations on Sakura-Sakura (2020) Scott Meek
- Variations on the Wedding Marches (2020) Scott Meek
Scott maintains a busy schedule as one of the most in demand collaborative pianists and chamber musicians in Greater Vancouver. He has performed concertos with major orchestras in Canada, and is a top prizewinner in several national and international competitions in North America. Scott received a Doctor of Music degree from Indiana University and also studied at the Oberlin Conservatory. His principal teachers were Menahem Pressler, Alvin Chow, and Carole Pollard.
Clare runs a full studio of eager and talented students, who are inspired by her innovative teaching style and frequent performing opportunities. She has won scholarships and made her debut as a soloist in New York City, and as a conductor in Vancouver in 2013. Clare received a Master of Music degree from the Manhattan School of Music. She also studied at UBC and University of Victoria. Her principal teachers were Jane Coop, Arkady Aronov, Eva Solar-Kinderman, and Christine Eschman.
Scott and Clare combined musical forces shortly after they got married in 2013. They love the unique closeness of two musicians sharing a single instrument, and are happy to share this love with you!